The Permanent Mission of Zambia to the UN
in partnership with
AIDS Accountability International
Launch of "Realising the Future That African Youth Want"
A new AAI report on the principal issues being faced by African Youth today
and a panel discussion led by African Youths.
· Bob Mwiinga Munyati, Researcher, AIDS Accountability International (moderator)
· Zoneziwoh Mbondgulo Wondieh, feminist blogger and youth activist, Cameroon
· Samuel Kissi, Youth Development Consultant, Curious Minds, Ghana
· George Ndungu, President, Organisation of African Youth. Kenya
· Dr. Julitta Onabanjo, Regional Director. UNFPA ESARO (TBC)
H.E. Dr. Mwaba Patricia Kasese-Bota, Permanent Representative, Zambia
The report aims to create transparency around current data on Youth in Africa; provide a set of recommendations to contribute to dialogue and debate and call stakeholders to action to address the challenges facing African Youths.
Speaking about their own challenges and solutions
Leading their own intervention in CPD
Sharing their own personal expert opinions on the State of African Youth.
African Youths have been sidelined and marginalised throughout the CPD process, with very little representation throughout, due to a number of reasons. This report and panel hope to change that by providing important decision makers in New York with an opportunity to speak directly with those affected by the issues.
Side event to the Conference on Population and Development (CPD)
Part of the African Youth Task Force Initiative